To BreatheAbility Course for Health Professionals: Level 1, Module 1
Course Participant Information
- This course and its course materials reflect the ideas and opinions of Tess Graham. It is meant for educational purposes only. The course is not meant to diagnose or treat any disorders or to provide health, medical, or professional consultation. Participants should always seek the advice of appropriate professionals as needed and have regard to their own professional scope of practice. Breathing Training Pty Ltd and Tess Graham are not responsible for risk, loss, or liability as a direct or indirect consequence related to information found in this course.
- Breathing Training Pty Ltd (the company) provides all course materials solely for the purpose of undertaking the course. The course and course materials are copyright and are not to be photographed, audio recorded, and/or video recorded, reproduced or used or shown to any person, without the written permission of Breathing Training Pty Ltd.
- Your participation implies your agreement to and understanding of these terms.
MODULE 1 : Basics of Healthy Breathing.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- the importance of breathing correctly for mental and physical well-being
- to identify and assess your own dysfunctional breathing habits
- the causes of dysfunctional breathing
- relevant physiology of breathing
- the science and research that supports breathing retraining
- mechanical, physiological and psychological effects of dysfunctional breathing
- the connection between dysfunctional breathing and asthma, sleep and anxiety disorders, functional GI disorders, nasal problems, and airway, orthodontic and craniofacial development issues
- about the myths, misunderstanding, and mis-instruction of breathing
- of the important role of breathing retraining as a management approach with breathing-related disorders
- what defines breathing retraining and how it differs from other forms of breath work
You have access to these lessons for 4 months, so plenty of time to review the material.
Watch Introductory Video
download your documents
Module 1 – Lessons
LESSON 1 - IMPORTANCE OF BREATHING CORRECTLY
LESSON 2 - BREATHING PATTERN ASSESSMENT
LESSON 3: HOW SHOULD WE BREATHE
Lesson 4: Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome
Lesson 5: Physiology of Breathing
Lesson 6: Dysfunctional Breathing and Anxiety Disorders
Lesson 7: Dysfunctional Breathing and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
Lesson 8: Dysfunctional Breathing and Asthma and Other Breathing Difficulties
Lesson 9: Dysfunctional Breathing, Mouth Breathing, Airway and Craniofacial Development
SUPPLEMENTARY LESSON: THE CLOUD CONCEPT
MODULE 2 : Basics of Healthy Breathing.
Presented in live webinar format (via Zoom) on the weekend of May 23 and 24.